Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oceanside oceanside is offline

Default how do i add text to an imported image

I imported an image to word doc. I want to add text to it. The image is a
blank scroll & I want to put words on it. Text box doesn't seem to be
available.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You could use a graphics editor.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"oceanside" wrote in message
I imported an image to word doc. I want to add text to it. The image is a
blank scroll & I want to put words on it. Text box doesn't seem to be
available.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You should be able to use a Text Box. You need to insert a Text Box and then
right-click on it and make sure that it is set to one of the wrapping option
(not In Line). That will let you drag it over the graphic.

But if you download the free Graphic editor, IrfanView, you can add text
directly to the the graphic. Size the graphic before adding the text.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"oceanside" wrote in message
I imported an image to word doc. I want to add text to it. The image is
blank scroll & I want to put words on it. Text box doesn't seem to be
available.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LVTravel LVTravel is offline

"oceanside" wrote in message
I imported an image to word doc. I want to add text to it. The image is
blank scroll & I want to put words on it. Text box doesn't seem to be
available.

Right click on the line of the text box after you create it (turn on the
drawing toolbar if needed.) This will give you your Format Text Box menu.
I normally use the Advanced button on the Layout tab and select Through and
then also set the fill and line to No fill and No line, on the Colors and
Lines tab to enable the image to show through.

If you don't set the fill and line to No you won't be able to see the full
image behind.

You may also need to set the image the same way (Through on the Advanced
Layout tab.)