Susie B

Default Selecting non-adjacent parts of a table for shading; holding down.

I have made a table with months and days for next year. I need to shade the
days of the week that our office is closed. I have tried holding down the
Shift button to move to non-adjacent days to shade, but all of the days in
between the ones above and the ones I'm working with get selected. Holding
down Control doesn't work either; when I select the new days, the other days
previously shaded return to white/unshaded. Must I really do each set of two
days separately, shading then saving, then shading then saving....very time
consuming! There's got to be a better way. What am I missing??? Thanks in
advance for your help.