Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ady Ady is offline

Default Font Problem

Hi There

I am using Windows XP with Office Professional 2003. In Word 2003 I have
created a mail merge with data from an Access 2003 database. The mail merge
is successful, but with one slight problem.

When I create the document and insert a field the font is Arial (this is
what I want). However when I preview or print the document in mail merge the
inserted fields always go to Times New Roman font. I have selected all the
text in the whole document and converted it to Arial. And again when I
insert a field it is indeed Arial. However when I view the document as a
mail merge the inserted fields go back to Times New Roman!

Any help or advice offered will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
--
Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try the following:

Use Alt-F9 to display the mail merge fields in your document. You wil
probably see field s such as

{ MAILMERGE myfield \*mergeformat }

First, try deleting all the "\*mergeformat" texts, select all the text and
apply the font and type size you want, then merge again.

If that does not work,
a. select the "M" at tthe beginning of each MAILMERGE field, and apply the
character formatting you want - Arial, in the pint size you want/
b. instead of \*mergeformat, type \*charformat

Try again.

Peter Jamieson

"Ady" wrote in message
Hi There

I am using Windows XP with Office Professional 2003. In Word 2003 I have
created a mail merge with data from an Access 2003 database. The mail
merge is successful, but with one slight problem.

When I create the document and insert a field the font is Arial (this is
what I want). However when I preview or print the document in mail merge
the inserted fields always go to Times New Roman font. I have selected all
the text in the whole document and converted it to Arial. And again when I
insert a field it is indeed Arial. However when I view the document as a
mail merge the inserted fields go back to Times New Roman!

Any help or advice offered will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
--
Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ady Ady is offline

Hi There

The instruction for inputting "\*charformat" at the end of the formula
resolved the issue.

Many thanks indeed for your expert help!

Kind Regards

Ady