Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
schroederv schroederv is offline

Default Merging Phone numbers

The phone numbers in my data source are formatted like (555) 123-4567 but
when I merge into my word document it looks like 5551234567. How can I get
it to merge over correctly?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?c2Nocm9lZGVydg==?=,

The phone numbers in my data source are formatted like (555) 123-4567 but
when I merge into my word document it looks like 5551234567. How can I get
it to merge over correctly?

It always helps if you include the version of Word that's giving the problem,
as well as the type of data source.

Include a formatting switch in the merge field. Something like this:
{ Mergefield PhoneNumber \# "(000) 000'-'0000" }

Alt+F9 to turn the field code display on/off.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org