Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jennifer Mcdermeit Jennifer Mcdermeit is offline

Default how to use a formula in a table to allow a # in a record to be mer

I have a table containing the field names and the record (second row) in
table where data is entered to be merged into a Word document. The word
document is a photo form I made, with room for 51 photo descriptions. Each
photo number on the form will always be different. We are using the number
the digital camera is generating, so for instance, the photo # may be on 2000
and we take 50 shots, so it will be 2000 to 2050, on the photo form. I would
like to have us enter the starting number (say 2000) in the table of the data
source and when it merges, have it increase by 1 at each field name in the
word photo form. So the first photo is 2000, the next is 2001, and so forth.
I have thought of many ways to do this, such as using Next fields, but I
think the easiest way would to put a formula in the table in data source to
allow for this. However, I don't know how. Please help!

Thank you,
Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use an Excel spreadsheet as the datasource. It is then dead easy to have
the photo number increment by one as you go down the rows.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP