Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gilley Gilley is offline

Default Mail merge fields at the bottom of the page

I have a fairly simple mail merge. The data source is a text file. Each
record in the text file contains some of the information. I have everything
working fine except when it comes to putting the subtotal, tax, total at the
bottom of the form. This information is in the text file but will not
display. If I move these specific fields to the top of the merge document,
before all the detail lines, the information displays perfectly.

It looks like when Word hits the end of the file, which it does when it has
completed the detail portion, it can't find the data it needs to put these
last few items on the form.

Has anyone run across this before and more importantly, how did you work
around it.

FYI -- Word 2000

TIA,
Gilley

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.