Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jennifer Mcdermeit Jennifer Mcdermeit is offline

Default PLEASE HELP - CHANGED DATA NOT MERGING

I am performing mail merge in Microsoft Word, with an excel worksheet as the
data source. The merge function works fine, but whenever I make changes in
the excel worksheet, the new changes in the worksheet are not reflected in
the Word form, only the previously saved changes are shown. I am saving the
excel worksheet after making the changes. I can't figure out why my changes
are not shown in Word when I perform merge.

I have the excel sheet associated with the word form as the data source.
Here are the steps I'm performing:
1) open excel sheet & make changes, then save
2) open word form hit icon "Merge into New Document"
3) Merge performs w/previous info not new changed data

The only way to get the new data to be merged is if I select the data source
each time I want to perform merge. What Iam I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you closing the Excel work sheet after changing it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jennifer Mcdermeit" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You aren't doing anything wrong but the process probably has to be:
a. save /and close/ the Excel workbook
b. close and re-open the Word mail merge main document

An alternative to doing (b) might be to use a Word VBA macro that
disconnected from, then re-connected to, the data source, but doing (b) is
probably simpler even though it's a bit tedious.

Peter Jamieson