Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
madhg madhg is offline

Default insert plain text into pre-existing table

I have a Word document with a table set up (to print mailing labels,
in 2 columns). And a plain text document with addresses. I'd like to
insert the addresses into the Word table, _without_ using Mail
Merge.

I've searched this group and haven't found this particular question
(though many somewhat similar ones).

Can I manipulate the text file in such a way that I can paste the text
into the Word doc.with each address on a different label?

Thanks in advance for any help,
David

The plain text doc has this format; different addresses have different
numbers of lines.

A person
33 streetname
town