KM01

Default outline numbering in tables

How do I apply outline numbering in a Word table so that the first column
contains the numbers, and the seond column the text. I want to number topics
and subtopics e.g. 1, 2a, 2b etc. To promote normal text to the next
numbering level you use the tab key but you can't do this within a table. I'm
using Word 2003.
Stefan Blom

Did you try ALT+SHIFT+LEFT ARROW for promoting and
ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW for demoting heading levels?

Alternatively, use keyboard shortcuts in order to apply the
proper styles. For details, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/General/Shortcuts.htm.

Note that if you are not using the built-in heading styles in
your outline, you may have to assign your own keyboard shortcuts.
See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...roToHotkey.htm.

--
Stefan Blom

"KM01" wrote in message
How do I apply outline numbering in a Word table so that the

first column
contains the numbers, and the seond column the text. I want to

number topics
and subtopics e.g. 1, 2a, 2b etc. To promote normal text to the

next
numbering level you use the tab key but you can't do this

within a table. I'm
using Word 2003.

Luc

KM01,
Have you tried to use the demote (indent) promote (indent) button on your
formatting toolbar? Not sure if this is the correct word for it though. That
should do what you want.
Luc
"KM01" schreef in bericht
How do I apply outline numbering in a Word table so that the first column
contains the numbers, and the seond column the text. I want to number

topics
and subtopics e.g. 1, 2a, 2b etc. To promote normal text to the next
numbering level you use the tab key but you can't do this within a table.

I'm
using Word 2003.

KM01

this worked - although it didn't before. Don't know why but thanks anyway!