emilydoggy

Default Duplicate entries in MS Word Table

I want to merge two tables created in Microsoft Word 2000.

How do I eliminate duplicate entries?
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Well, you can write a VBA procedure that would compare the rows and/or
cells and delete and/or flag (color?) those rows that were dups so you
could deal with them.

Manually, just sort the table once merged and delete those rows you
don't want.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:59:02 -0700, "emilydoggy"
wrote:

I want to merge two tables created in Microsoft Word 2000.

How do I eliminate duplicate entries?

Klaus Linke

This article by ibby has some code (and a link to a "wildcard =
replacements" article that shows how to remove duplicate *paragraphs* if =
you can turn the table into text without problems):
http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/macros...eteDupRows.htm

I guess you can sort the table? Else, you'd need to insert an extra =
column, number that, sort, delete duplicates, sort using the numbered =
column, and then delete that column again.

Regards,
Klaus

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:
Well, you can write a VBA procedure that would compare the rows and/or
cells and delete and/or flag (color?) those rows that were dups so you
could deal with them.
=20
Manually, just sort the table once merged and delete those rows you
don't want.
=20
Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine
=20
Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html
=20
=20
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:59:02 -0700, "emilydoggy"
=20