Prakash Mistry

Default import from excel

I have an spreadsheet formatted in Excel. When copying and special rtf
pasting in a Word template, the formatting changes (not lost). For example,
the row heights, cell padding etc. How can I import and retain the exect
formatting ?
Shauna Kelly

Hi Prakash

Try pasting into Word as a Picture (Enhanced Metafile), rather than RTF. You
can still link to the Excel file if you need to.

Or, in Excel, select the range, hold down Shift, and then do Edit Copy
Picture. Choose "As shown when printed" and click OK. And now paste into
Word.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Prakash Mistry" Prakash wrote in message
I have an spreadsheet formatted in Excel. When copying and special rtf
pasting in a Word template, the formatting changes (not lost). For
example,
the row heights, cell padding etc. How can I import and retain the exect
formatting ?

Ed

Shauna:
There are times I can paste in Excel and it "morphs" into a Word table with
all the formatting (font, merges, etc.) intact. Other times it goes totally
screwball! Is there any rhyme or reason as to why it does one time but not
another?

Ed

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi Prakash

Try pasting into Word as a Picture (Enhanced Metafile), rather than RTF.

You
can still link to the Excel file if you need to.

Or, in Excel, select the range, hold down Shift, and then do Edit Copy
Picture. Choose "As shown when printed" and click OK. And now paste into
Word.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Prakash Mistry" Prakash wrote in

message
I have an spreadsheet formatted in Excel. When copying and special rtf
pasting in a Word template, the formatting changes (not lost). For
example,
the row heights, cell padding etc. How can I import and retain the exect
formatting ?

Shauna Kelly

Hi Ed

I've never seen this happen. But I almost always paste from Excel with Edit
Paste Special either as a picture or as unformatted text, depending on the

need of the day.

"Ed" wrote in message
[...]

Ed

Thanks for the input, Shauna. I can't figure out what's happening. I've
got Word / Excel 2000: I use Ctrl+C in Excel - I use EditPaste Special
(RTF), and I get a table with any merged cells split; I put
Selection.PasteSpecial wdPasteRTF in a macro, and I get a table with all
merged cells intact.

If I choose Metafile, I get a nice looking graphic of my table that I can
scale to size, but I can't edit it like a table. I can edit it, though, if
I want to ungroup all the lines and boxes and dig down to the one I want.
The Copy as Picture in Excel is okay, and gives me a nice clean graphic, but
still uneditable in Word.

So I guess there's really no good way to put a large Excel table into Word
as an editable, scaleable table. Oh, well.

"Ed" wrote in message
[...]

Luiz Carlos G Monteiro

I don't know if it is too late for an answer, but if you copy the EXCEL
table and past it (normal paste, not special) on a WORD table with the same
number of lines and columns, you get what you are asking for.

--
Luiz Carlos Gonçalves Monteiro

"Ed" escreveu na mensagem