Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jessnicole77 jessnicole77 is offline

Default I am trying to open a regular Word doc & it freezes my computer up

I am trying to open a regular word doc attachment and when I try my MW just
sits there endlessly with a hourglass and says it is "requesting virus scan"
at the bottom.
When I try to escape, it asks me if I want to send a error report to
Microsoft or tells me the program is not responding.
The file size is 440KB and it is a excel type document with fields that I
can change. Everyone else in my group can open it except for me!! I have
Microsoft 2000..Help ASAP Please!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GTS GTS is offline

Are you sure it's a Word document and not an Excel file? If it's an Excel
file, try opening it up in Microsoft Excel. Hope this helps.
--
GTS

"jessnicole77" wrote:

I am trying to open a regular word doc attachment and when I try my MW just
sits there endlessly with a hourglass and says it is "requesting virus scan"
at the bottom.
When I try to escape, it asks me if I want to send a error report to
Microsoft or tells me the program is not responding.
The file size is 440KB and it is a excel type document with fields that I
can change. Everyone else in my group can open it except for me!! I have
Microsoft 2000..Help ASAP Please!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jessnicole77 jessnicole77 is offline

Default I am trying to open a regular Word doc & it freezes my compute

Thanks for responding GTS..it is not a Excel doc it is a regular doc file
....it isnt even a doc.x!! What would cause Microsoft word to sit there and
not respond?? Everone else can open this file in my group...My computer can
open every other word file...

"jessnicole77" wrote:

I am trying to open a regular word doc attachment and when I try my MW just
sits there endlessly with a hourglass and says it is "requesting virus scan"
at the bottom.
When I try to escape, it asks me if I want to send a error report to
Microsoft or tells me the program is not responding.
The file size is 440KB and it is a excel type document with fields that I
can change. Everyone else in my group can open it except for me!! I have
Microsoft 2000..Help ASAP Please!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GTS GTS is offline

Bummer! (I thought it might be Excel because you mentioned something about
that in your original post).

Have you tried re-starting your computer? (just asking!

I've heard of Norton Anti-Virus causing weird virus scan things in Word. Go
to google and type in:

microsoft word "requesting virus scan"

with the quotes and everything. A bunch of threads come up that might help
you troubleshoot.
--
GTS

"jessnicole77" wrote:

I am trying to open a regular word doc attachment and when I try my MW just
sits there endlessly with a hourglass and says it is "requesting virus scan"
at the bottom.
When I try to escape, it asks me if I want to send a error report to
Microsoft or tells me the program is not responding.
The file size is 440KB and it is a excel type document with fields that I
can change. Everyone else in my group can open it except for me!! I have
Microsoft 2000..Help ASAP Please!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mxk@datanumen.net is offline

On 4ÔÂ8ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç10ʱ34·Ö, jessnicole77
wrote:
I am trying to open a regular worddocattachment and when I try my MW just
sits there endlessly with a hourglass and says it is "requesting virus scan"
at the bottom.
When I try to escape, it asks me if I want to send a error report to
Microsoft or tells me the program is not responding.
The file size is 440KB and it is a excel type document with fields that I
can change. Everyone else in my group can open it except for me!! I have
Microsoft 2000..Help ASAP Please!!

Hi,

Why not try Advanced Word Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/awr/ ?
It recovers several important Word documents for me and is really
helpful!

Alan

word freezes computer Dave W New Users 2 November 9th 06 01:57 PM
Word freezes my computer jtrask166235 Microsoft Word Help 0 March 5th 06 01:39 AM
My computer freezes up when I open Word 2000, what can I do? Marthaschoen Microsoft Word Help 2 October 21st 05 03:44 PM
Why new XP computer freezes only while using Word? jgb005 Microsoft Word Help 0 October 18th 05 04:53 PM
Everytime I open Word my entire computer freezes up Teresa Microsoft Word Help 1 July 19th 05 06:11 AM