Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gorfinneed gorfinneed is offline

Default Merge field is not displaying properly

I am puzzled, i have a merge field (excel 2003) that is drawing in from a
formula that gives me the name of a day relative to a date (ie; 16 April 2008
= Wednesday)
however the merge ifeld result just gives me a date "1/4/1900". I have
tried to add a switch \@"dddd" or \@"DDDD", but neither have worked.

I even deleted the formula and typed in the Day manually in the excel file,
however the merge filed resul is the same "1/4/1900". Help! Please
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

That switch certainly works for me. What is the field actually displaying
in Excel. In my case, I had one column of dates and in another column I had
a formula that added 1 to the date in the adjacent column and the cells in
that column were formatted in Excel to show the date of the week. Without
the switch, the mail merge returned the date in place of the day of the
week, but with the switch, it returned the day of the week.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"gorfinneed" wrote in message
I am puzzled, i have a merge field (excel 2003) that is drawing in from a
formula that gives me the name of a day relative to a date (ie; 16 April
2008
= Wednesday)
however the merge ifeld result just gives me a date "1/4/1900". I have
tried to add a switch \@"dddd" or \@"DDDD", but neither have worked.

I even deleted the formula and typed in the Day manually in the excel
file,
however the merge filed resul is the same "1/4/1900". Help! Please

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gorfinneed gorfinneed is offline

Thanks Doug, I unfortunately was not able to get it to work. The field is
displaying the day "ie: Wednesday". My answer was to actually delete the
column as in the adjacent coulmn was the date and I just formatted the date
to show day date, month, year...and placed a switch in the merge field that
worked.