Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tomcat Tomcat is offline

Default Change in Microsoft printing defaults?

I have created a template DL envelope with my company logo and return
address. This has printed successfully on Brother MFC for several years.
Program: tools/letters and mailings/envelopes and labels has suddenly
defaulted to size 10 rather than DL. If I change to DL manually, program
defaults to size 10 after printing.
In either size 10 or DL, envelopes are exiting the machine with address only
printed at left hand side (i.e. flap edge) although preview in env&labels
dialog shows correct format.
An A4 sheet printed through this program prints return area plus address,
but with return address 1cm from left hand side. Brother MFC feed tray is
defaulted by guides to central feed for envelopes €“ as displayed on dialog
box preview screen.

I a at a loss to understand why this should suddenly happen after several
years of using this and similar self-created templates. Is it due to a
Microsoft update? If so, which one? How can I identify this?

Perplexed and frustrated....