Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DALopez DALopez is offline

Default Creating a master list

OK everyone I am just learning about this stuff.

I need to make a long masterlist of comments that have a specific bullet
point number. For example

" GEN 001 The building needs an exit. CBC 100 "

The masterlist will have hundreds of such bullets with different comments. I
then want people to take a document and then just type in the 'GEN 001' and
word will automatically take the comment from the masterlist and insert into
my customized list.

How do I go about this?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Lopez

DALopez wrote:
OK everyone I am just learning about this stuff.

I need to make a long masterlist of comments that have a specific bullet
point number. For example

" GEN 001 The building needs an exit. CBC 100 "

The masterlist will have hundreds of such bullets with different comments. I
then want people to take a document and then just type in the 'GEN 001' and
word will automatically take the comment from the masterlist and insert into
my customized list.

How do I go about this?

version of Word?

I'm not _quite_ sure in which way this is supposed to work. If the
people working with your documents need to replicate some of your master
list entries, one possibility is:

Create a template, in it a dedicated style, insert each of these list
entries and save them as AUTOTEXT entries (saved in this template!), and
insert an AUTOTEXTLIST field. With such a field, in a new document based
on this template, the users should be able to select from all the AUTOTEXTS.

When your master lists becomes really large, then autocorrect entries
might be another approach.

Or a Userform where the user sees practically each entry of the list and
checks the one he wants.

0.2cents
Robert
--