Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Mike is offline

Default How do I protect the checkbox in my form

i created a form which i would email to other to complete, but i they can't
click on the check box o select. i have tried to protect the doc and found
that it lock the check boxes. please, how do i complete this
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bobt bobt is offline

You didn't mention the version you are on, so my steps will vary if you are
not on Word 2003. With the file open, choose TOOLS then PROTECT DOCUMENT.
The protection you want is to allow only Filling In Forms and (in 2003) you
have to click on the Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button, at which point
you will be prompted for a password (which you can leave empty if you want).

"mike" wrote:

i created a form which i would email to other to complete, but i they can't
click on the check box o select. i have tried to protect the doc and found
that it lock the check boxes. please, how do i complete this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Mike is offline

Thanks BobT. I'm using Word 2003. I have tried this but I discovered that
when I send the forms out, my respondents cannot click on the checkboxes as
they seem to be lock by the protection.

"mike" wrote:

i created a form which i would email to other to complete, but i they can't
click on the check box o select. i have tried to protect the doc and found
that it lock the check boxes. please, how do i complete this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

How are you inserting the checkboxes?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"mike" wrote:

i created a form which i would email to other to complete, but i they
can't
click on the check box o select. i have tried to protect the doc and
found
that it lock the check boxes. please, how do i complete this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Mike is offline

i use the web tools from the toolbar. however, i think i'm discovering
something, the security level in my Word is high, so, i'm trying out
something else.

"mike" wrote:

i created a form which i would email to other to complete, but i they
can't
click on the check box o select. i have tried to protect the doc and
found
that it lock the check boxes. please, how do i complete this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You need to use the Check boxes from the Forms Tools and then Protect the
document. Then the Form tools become active whilst the remainder of the
document is locked against editing.

Terry