Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Access Joe Access Joe is offline

Default How to find XML in 2007 document

Using Word 2007 on Windows Vista:

How do I physically find / locate the XML data within a Microsoft Word
document? Specifically, after using the Compatibility Checker, the resulting
report identifies XML data (that will be changed to a graphic image) that is
not compatible. But I want to physically find it and see it before I proceed.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A .docx is a .zip format file, so you can rename the .docx (or .docm)
document as a .zip, then use Windows explorer or your favourite ZIP archiver
to inspect the contents.

e.g. rename mydoc.docx to mydoc.zip
(some people prefer to append the .zip to the end, e.g. mydoc.docx.zip )

When you have finished, rename the .zip to .docx/.docm

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk