Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bytz Bytz is offline

Default Strange print layout view and printing problem

Hi, I've got a large word document containing over 100 pages. However, in
print layout view (the one I normally do editing in), you cannot scroll past
p41. As you scroll into p42, word stops refreshing and updating the screen
and moves you back into p41. I've uploaded the file so that you can see what
I mean for yourself:

http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=3932A1E71

And also a linked excel file to go with it (in the same directory. I've got
references in the word document if that makes any difference):
http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=C7127B121

Oddly enough, I can see the whole file in outline or draft view, though I am
unable see any pictures or charts. On print layout view, clicking any link in
the document map that takes you past page 41 will do nothing, and pressing
ctrl+G to jump to a page will result in word telling you that it "cannot
determine the destination".

Thanks for your support,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suspect that your document has picked up a multi-column layout
somewhere on page 41. Assuming your document is not supposed to
have any sections with multiple columns, then:

In Word, open the document, press Alt+O,C | click on One | Apply
to: Whole document | OK. Even if "One" already appears to be
selected, click on it anyway.

Bytz wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tuna[_2_] tuna[_2_] is offline

Thanks for your reply, however no luck - it still plays up. I did forget to
mention though that trying to print the document results in word showing a
progress bar in the status bar printing p1, p2 etc until p41, then it just
aborts silently. Also, I'm working with word 2007. Oddly enough saving it as
a 2003 .doc file resolves the problem, but messes up the formatting.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Bytz wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tuna[_2_] tuna[_2_] is offline

Sorry - the file links don't appear to be working - here's the new ones:

http://symex.110mb.com/hosted/feasibility study.docx
http://symex.110mb.com/hosted/finance.xlsx

Thanks

Bytz wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tuna[_2_] tuna[_2_] is offline

After experimenting some more I found it to be a problem with the equation
editor in word - I think it was that fact I had multi-line equations and
after some combinations of undo/redo and deleting line breaks, ended up with
two equations on the same line (it usually merges two adjacent equations) - i
think that really messed word up, though to be honest Word should never have
let it happen in the first place.

But anyway, I've replaced the feasibility study.docx file with one
containing the culprit equations.

See what you think.

Thanks