Jane

Default IF THEN ELSE with FORM CHECKBOX

I am pulling data from an Access database. The field is
a Yes/No (Checkbox). When I merge the records into Word,
I know that I get a "True" or a "False" rather than a
checked form checkbox or a non-checked form checkbox.
So, I tried to do an IF ..THEN .. ELSE that if the field
was true to insert a checked form checkbox and if the
field is false to insert a non-checked form checkbox. Is
this possible? How do I make the checkbox "code"
correctly in this statement?
Thanks.
Graham Mayor

Insert the check box merge field {Mergefield Fieldname} and see *exactly*
what it produces for a true result and enter that in place of True below.
Use the required checkbox characters from (say) the Wingdings font where
indicated then something along the lines of:

{IF {Mergefield Fieldname} = True "Checked Box Character" "Unchecked box
character"}

will insert a checkbox or not according to the field - something similar is
shown as an example at http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm