Dianna

Default two columns and endnotes?

I am laying out a multi-section document for conversion into adobe and
eventual printing and publication. I would like the document to be in two
columns with each sections' endnotes kept with the document - easily done
with continuous section breaks and that famous suppressing endnotes clue!
All of the posts about sections and endnotes have been helpful but none has
solved the problem which is: I get the first section in two columns with its
endnotes and then try to move the second section right below the first
section's endnotes. Word 2003 will not let me do this. It seems to put a
placeholder there for the endnotes and bumps the start of the second section
to the next page. Any ideas? Thank you in advance. Dianna

Daiya Mitchell

Sometimes Word doesn't know the difference between endnotes and footnotes.
See if this describes the problem accurately:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...panColumns.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Dianna

Thanks for the response Daiya. This workaround is way too cumbersome for the
over 3000 endnotes in my documents. I did however hide the endnotes in mass
for each document and am having some luck with the "hidden feature." I am
willing to try any other ideas. Thanks.