Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terri Terri is offline

Default How to set a variable rate formula in Word 2007?

I'm want to create a letter that for example, but need a table that shows
amounts. For instance, I have a different rate for the number of chairs you
rent. If you have 100 chairs it is this rate, 150 chairs this rate. I need
the formula for the rates set up and then all I have to do is input the
number of chairs the client has. Can I do this in word or do I need to import
an excel spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Terri,

You could do this in Word but, unless you're capturing the input via a formfield in a document protected for forms, there's no way
to make the calculation automatic. Other than that, the formula itself is much the same as you'd use in Excel - there are some
important syntax differences, though. For more information on this and how to perform a wide range of calculations in Word, check
out my Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party