bobarthur

Default How do I stop a loud beepng soumd?

My computer "beeps" very loudly. It happens at odd times and I dson't know
why. Help.
Graham Mayor

It probably indicates an error condition. You'll need to identify what you
were doing at the time.

bobarthur wrote:
My computer "beeps" very loudly. It happens at odd times and I
don't know why. Help.

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

There's a good chance that you have a warning setting on your
processor that lets you know when your processor is overheating. (I
have this same feature on mine). Check in your SysTray...down in the
lower right corner and make sure you know what all those items are.
Right click to open them and investigate. One may be your warning
setting. If this beeping happens when you are processing something
intense like video or large documents...or allowing several things to
run...like flipping through large documents when email is arriving,
listening to a CD and running something else as well...your processor
may need to be checked before it fries your motherboard (been
there...which is why I now use this type that has this warning
feature.)

Are these just occasional beeps here and there...or beeps that come
more or less together and seem to get more frantic?

If you can't figure it out...you might want to contact a PC
professional. You can also try reading the manual for your PC or
checking the help files regarding your processor.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:26:02 -0700, bobarthur
wrote:

My computer "beeps" very loudly. It happens at odd times and I dson't know
why. Help.

Klaus Linke

If it happens when you press the Shift, Alt, or Ctrl keys, it's the =
accessiblity stuff for the keyboard.
Hit the left shift key five times (which should bring up a dialog) and =
turn it off.

Klaus

"bobarthur" wrote:
My computer "beeps" very loudly. It happens at odd times=20
and I dson't know why. Help.