Beryl Rippon

Default printing specific pages

I have Word 2003 and although it will print "current page" and "all pages" it
just prints all when I name specific pages or page ranges. Has anyone else
found this, is there a fix?
Jay Freedman

Beryl Rippon wrote:
I have Word 2003 and although it will print "current page" and "all
pages" it just prints all when I name specific pages or page ranges.
Has anyone else found this, is there a fix?

If this is the result of a mail merge, Word has assigned each page to its
own section and numbered each of them as page 1. To print selected ranges,
you'll need to use the section numbers by prefixing 's' to the numbers. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...leSections.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim C

I've tried to find a "print a specific page and section" in the print help
notes, and I can't locate anything. I have a 200+ page document with 14
sections, and in trying to print the preface (i - iv), it locks up the
printer because it's trying to print page "1" of two different sections.