Emma Riley

Default No gridlines in table

I have been using tables in Word for years - all of a sudden, there are no
gridlines in any of my documents with tables although it indicates "Show
gridlines" in the TABLE pull-down menu - I am wondering what has happened and
what to do?
Greg Maxey

Emma,

Clicke the item TableShow gridlines. It will toggle and display "Hide
gridlines." Then the gridlines should be visible.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Emma Riley wrote:
I have been using tables in Word for years - all of a sudden, there
are no gridlines in any of my documents with tables although it
indicates "Show gridlines" in the TABLE pull-down menu - I am
wondering what has happened and what to do?

Actually, you don't. If you have gridlines displayed (which Emma obviously
didn't), then they display in both Normal and Print Layout views. If you
have text boundaries displayed, then you get display of cell boundaries in
Print Layout view even if you don't have gridlines displayed.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
You need both Table Show gridlines and 'Text boundaries' on Tools
Options : View.

"Emma Riley" Emma wrote in message
I have been using tables in Word for years - all of a sudden, there are

no
gridlines in any of my documents with tables although it indicates "Show
gridlines" in the TABLE pull-down menu - I am wondering what has

happened
and
what to do?

Jezebel

That's how it should be, Suzanne, but there's some mysterious subtlety in
there. Some combinations of those settings leave the gridlines hidden even
though they are 'on' according to the Tables menu option.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Actually, you don't. If you have gridlines displayed (which Emma obviously
didn't), then they display in both Normal and Print Layout views. If you
have text boundaries displayed, then you get display of cell boundaries in
Print Layout view even if you don't have gridlines displayed.

so
all may benefit.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
You need both Table Show gridlines and 'Text boundaries' on Tools
Options : View.

"Emma Riley" Emma wrote in message
I have been using tables in Word for years - all of a sudden, there

are
no
gridlines in any of my documents with tables although it indicates

"Show
gridlines" in the TABLE pull-down menu - I am wondering what has

happened
and
what to do?

I wouldn't know, of course, because I have both displayed at all times and
rarely use Print Layout view, anyway.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
That's how it should be, Suzanne, but there's some mysterious subtlety in
there. Some combinations of those settings leave the gridlines hidden even
though they are 'on' according to the Tables menu option.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Actually, you don't. If you have gridlines displayed (which Emma

obviously
didn't), then they display in both Normal and Print Layout views. If you
have text boundaries displayed, then you get display of cell boundaries

in
Print Layout view even if you don't have gridlines displayed.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.