Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Noel

Default Pages are duplicating after sorting the table in word

We have a document that has 7 pages of a table. We sorted Ascending for the
first column. We just selected the first column, clicked Sort Ascending on
the Tables and borders toolbar. When we did this, the first page was
duplicated several times. Why is it duplicating on one computer and not
another?
Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :

We have a document that has 7 pages of a table. We sorted Ascending
for the first column. We just selected the first column, clicked Sort
Ascending on the Tables and borders toolbar. When we did this, the
first page was duplicated several times. Why is it duplicating on one
computer and not another?
Thanks for your help.

Are you saying that after sorting a table the number of pages increased form
7 to an unspecified number?
Or was data lost and replaced?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Noel

There were 7 original pages but after sorting the table, there were 4 to 5
copies of the first page. It duplicated the first page after sorting.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :

We have a document that has 7 pages of a table. We sorted Ascending
for the first column. We just selected the first column, clicked Sort
Ascending on the Tables and borders toolbar. When we did this, the
first page was duplicated several times. Why is it duplicating on one
computer and not another?
Thanks for your help.

Are you saying that after sorting a table the number of pages increased form
7 to an unspecified number?
Or was data lost and replaced?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :

There were 7 original pages but after sorting the table, there were 4
to 5 copies of the first page. It duplicated the first page after
sorting.

Why the uncertainty? Was it 4 or 5?

So you ended up with 11 or 12 pages?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Noel

I was helping someone in our office with this problem. I don't remember the
exact number of times the page was duplicated. I know it was at least 4
times. This happened on his computer, but it didn't happen when I would sort
on my computer. Why would it do it on one computer and not the other?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :

There were 7 original pages but after sorting the table, there were 4
to 5 copies of the first page. It duplicated the first page after
sorting.

Why the uncertainty? Was it 4 or 5?

So you ended up with 11 or 12 pages?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I think this is the reason we try to avoid FOAF issues. g

"Noel" wrote in message
I was helping someone in our office with this problem. I don't remember

the
exact number of times the page was duplicated. I know it was at least 4
times. This happened on his computer, but it didn't happen when I would

sort
on my computer. Why would it do it on one computer and not the other?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :

There were 7 original pages but after sorting the table, there were 4
to 5 copies of the first page. It duplicated the first page after
sorting.

Why the uncertainty? Was it 4 or 5?

So you ended up with 11 or 12 pages?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Noel

What do you mean by FOAF issues?

"Noel" wrote in message
I was helping someone in our office with this problem. I don't remember

the
exact number of times the page was duplicated. I know it was at least 4
times. This happened on his computer, but it didn't happen when I would

sort
on my computer. Why would it do it on one computer and not the other?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :

There were 7 original pages but after sorting the table, there were 4
to 5 copies of the first page. It duplicated the first page after
sorting.

Why the uncertainty? Was it 4 or 5?

So you ended up with 11 or 12 pages?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :

What do you mean by FOAF issues?

Friend of a Friend

http://foldoc.org/foldoc/index.html

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Jean-Guy is right. It can prove difficult enough to troubleshoot issues at
second hand (your problem that you describe to us), but when the problem is
one that someone else is describing to you (especially if you have not
personally witnessed and confirmed it), there is often too much lost in the
translation to make it possible to come up with a solution.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think this is the reason we try to avoid FOAF issues. g

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Noel" wrote in message
I was helping someone in our office with this problem. I don't

remember
the
exact number of times the page was duplicated. I know it was at least

4
times. This happened on his computer, but it didn't happen when I

would
sort
on my computer. Why would it do it on one computer and not the other?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :

There were 7 original pages but after sorting the table, there

were 4
to 5 copies of the first page. It duplicated the first page after
sorting.

Why the uncertainty? Was it 4 or 5?

So you ended up with 11 or 12 pages?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Noel

I was sitting with this person when it happened. It doesn't do it on my
computer, but it does the duplication on my coworkers computer. We do exactly
the same process but the outcome is different.

"Noel" wrote in message
I was helping someone in our office with this problem. I don't

remember
the
exact number of times the page was duplicated. I know it was at least

4
times. This happened on his computer, but it didn't happen when I

would
sort
on my computer. Why would it do it on one computer and not the other?

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Noel was telling us:
Noel nous racontait que :