Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HeatherMarie HeatherMarie is offline

Default Stuck on Mail Merge - Help!!

I used mail merge for the first time yesterday to print envelopes. Now every
time I go to "new document" it brings up an envelope instead of a blank
document! I can't seem to get it to go away! I've tried everything I can
think of. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HeatherMarie HeatherMarie is offline

Thanks - that information seemed like it would work, but the problem I am
having now is that when I go to delete the current "normal.dot" which looks
like a mail merge envelope, it says that the file is in use. This should not
be the case as I closed out of all of my programs. I even restarted my
computer. I guess this is a whole different category of a problem....*sigh*

HeatherMarie wrote:
I used mail merge for the first time yesterday to print envelopes.
Now every time I go to "new document" it brings up an envelope
instead of a blank document! I can't seem to get it to go away!
I've tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HeatherMarie HeatherMarie is offline

Well, I tried that, and it wouldn't let me rename it for the same reason - it
said that the file was in use, even though it wasn't.

HeatherMarie wrote:
I used mail merge for the first time yesterday to print envelopes.
Now every time I go to "new document" it brings up an envelope
instead of a blank document! I can't seem to get it to go away!
I've tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In that case, I think you'll have to start the Windows Task Manager (e.g.
ctrl-alt-del then click the Task manager button in Win 2000 and later) and
a. ensure there is nothing (or nothing apparently related ) in the
Applications list.
b. click on the Processes tab and look for WINWORD.EXE (which is the name
of the Word application process, which can be running even if you cannot see
it). If it is there, select it and click the End process button. There can
be more than one "copy" of WINWOD.EXE in the list, so be willing to end them
all.

Why would WINWORD.EXE be listed? Perhaps something else in your system is
using the Word object to do something: some versions of Outlook use Word as
the message editor, but it could be something else.