Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frank Frank is offline

Default Field Calculation Error

trying to Mail Merge Excel Spreadsheet data into a letter.
List is 2,000 names approx.
First, I want to save the "merged" mailing as a file to be actually printed
by a third party.
So, i clicked "edit letters" or something figuring it would yield a file I
could hand off to someone else for printing.
Things seemed to be going along but after a while the merge stopped and I
got a message saying "field calculation error in record no. 1641, Word could
not complete the merge".
Looking at the results up to record 1640 I see that around record 1630 the
signature (which is a picture of a signature) stope appearing.
This signature is part of the letter itself and has nothing to do with the
Excel data.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try merging records 1 to 1,000 and then separately merge records 1,001 to
2,000

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Frank" wrote in message
trying to Mail Merge Excel Spreadsheet data into a letter.
List is 2,000 names approx.