Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robert Perkins Robert Perkins is offline

Default Color fields on label.

I am creating mailing labels in Word using Mail/Merge and using an Excel
worksheet as my data source. I would like the fields on the labels to reflect
the colors of the data in the cells of my source. [My labels have a field
showing my subscriber's expiration date. If the subscription has expired I
want to show the date in red.]
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think that you should be able to do this by the use of an
If...then...Else... field, but I would add a column to the spreadsheet that
contained a formula that returned either 1 or 0 if the date was expired or
not and then use the If...then....Else... field to check the entry in that
mergefield and use a \*charformat switch on the date merge fields in the
True and False results part of the If...then...Else... field construction
with the M of MERGEFIELD in each of those fields being formatted with either
Red or Black

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "DateFlag" } = 1 { MERGEFIELD "Date" \* charformat } {
MERGEFIELD "Date" \* charformat } }

The reason for setting up the DateFlag field in Excel is that it will be
much easier to do the comparison of the data in the Date field with the
current date in Excel than it will be in Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP