Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DLando DLando is offline

Default text spacing in right justification

I have a Word 2003 SP2 document that has the words "smushed" at the right
margin. How do I create more space between words? It seems to be in this
document only.

I have looked for an answer in previous posts but could not find one. I did
try to use Ctrl+Shift+J. That worked but as you know, the last line is then
justified with too much space between words.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Not sure what you mean by "smushed", but the last line of a justified
paragraph does not space out if it is followed by a return.

You might try changing the font to see if it has any effect on the spacing
of the rest of the document.

Hope this helps solve your problem.
--
Rae Drysdale

"DLando" wrote:

I have a Word 2003 SP2 document that has the words "smushed" at the right
margin. How do I create more space between words? It seems to be in this
document only.

I have looked for an answer in previous posts but could not find one. I did
try to use Ctrl+Shift+J. That worked but as you know, the last line is then
justified with too much space between words.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm not sure what you mean by "smushed", but I'll assume you mean Flush
Right Aligned with a "ragged" left. The problem with *Shift*+Control+J is
that it applies _Forced Justification_ and causes the last line to get
stretched - to be used sparingly in specific situations.

If you use Control+J (without Shift) or click the Justify button on the
Formatting toolbar the last line of the para will be adjusted, but not
spread out. If you don't want Justified at all, perhaps just clicking the
Align Left button will resolve it.

Should it not be an alignment problem you'll need to supply a much more
accurate description of what it is, what you want & as much detail as
possible.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac