Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lion2004 Lion2004 is offline

Default Mail Merge "Go to Record" shows only 2 digits

Hi,

I made two documents, one is ecel with list of digits, and another word file
where i made mail merge and selected excel file as data source.
When i open excel file in word, it shows for example value 700 in the word
document, but in the "Go To Record" in mail merge toolbar is shows 70, no 700.
Checked regional settings, started excel and word in the save mode and with
/a- no effect.
Using Windows Xp Professional (all updates installed) and Microsoft Ofice
2003 sp3.

Need yours help.

Thank you.

Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
psale psale is offline

I noticed this same issue after I applied SP3 to my Office 2003 software.
With SP2 this did not occur.
-
Peter Sale
USA

"Lion2004" wrote:

Hi,

I made two documents, one is ecel with list of digits, and another word file
where i made mail merge and selected excel file as data source.
When i open excel file in word, it shows for example value 700 in the word
document, but in the "Go To Record" in mail merge toolbar is shows 70, no 700.
Checked regional settings, started excel and word in the save mode and with
/a- no effect.
Using Windows Xp Professional (all updates installed) and Microsoft Ofice
2003 sp3.

Need yours help.

Thank you.

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

On the one hand that is a neat trick. Many thanks. On the other hand, even
prior to widening the "Go To Record" box via the technique you revealed there
was plenty of space to display, say 1000 records. I know have space to
display 10,000 records but record "124" is still displayed as "12", with the
"4" truncated.

"Lion2004" wrote:

Hi,

I made two documents, one is ecel with list of digits, and another word

file
where i made mail merge and selected excel file as data source.
When i open excel file in word, it shows for example value 700 in the

word
document, but in the "Go To Record" in mail merge toolbar is shows 70,

no 700.
Checked regional settings, started excel and word in the save mode and

with
/a- no effect.
Using Windows Xp Professional (all updates installed) and Microsoft

Ofice
2003 sp3.

Need yours help.

Thank you.

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW this error has been reported to Microsoft (I had some sort of
confirmation back from the support people the other day). No idea when it
might be fixed, though.

Peter Jamieson

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can make the box bigger. Just open Tools | Customize and drag one
side
of the box.

so
all may benefit.

"Lion2004" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I agree this is a bug--just as annoying (though harder to explain) as the
one by which centered or right-aligned captions disappear in the Insert |
Reference | Caption dialog.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can make the box bigger. Just open Tools | Customize and drag one
side
of the box.

newsgroup
so