Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
URWA URWA is offline

Default Skip Field if blank

I want to skip a field if blank. I'm using this
{IF{MERGEFIELD ptitle } "" "{MERGEFIELD ptitle } "}

If the field is blank it leaves ptitle in that line and does not skip it. I
want it to skip the field and not leave a blank line.

What should I do? I'm using Word 2007
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi mmitchell,

In Word-
.. duplicate the «ptitle» mailmerge field so that you get:
.. select both fields and Press Ctrl-F9, you'll get:
.. fill in between the braces so that you end up with:
"},
where the '¶' is a paragraph mark or manual line break, depending on which you're using
.. delete the existing paragraph mark or manual line break that's outside the mergefield;
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update it;
.. run your mailmerge.

--
Cheers
macropod

"URWA" wrote in message ...
I want to skip a field if blank. I'm using this
{IF{MERGEFIELD ptitle } "" "{MERGEFIELD ptitle } "}

If the field is blank it leaves ptitle in that line and does not skip it. I
want it to skip the field and not leave a blank line.

What should I do? I'm using Word 2007
Thank you.

Another skip blank line hlock Mailmerge 2 June 18th 08 09:19 AM
More 'How skip blank field' issues... awadmin Mailmerge 3 December 21st 06 09:47 AM
How skip blank field Cowtoon Mailmerge 4 December 18th 06 05:51 PM
How to skip a field in a directory mail merge if it's blank Marisa Mailmerge 1 June 1st 06 04:51 PM
How do I skip line numbering on blank lines? MKA Page Layout 3 May 31st 05 02:05 PM