Nibelungenlied

Default keystrokes slow to show on screen

When I type in a document there is a "delay" before the keystrokes appear on
the screen. I am not a fast typist so this is even more puzzling. I went to
the control panel and made corrections to keyboard and mouse to go faster but
that did not help in the Word program.

Sashi

Is this specific only to Word or do you see this behavior in other
editors as well? Maybe your computer is slow.
Sashi

Nibelungenlied

Sashi, it was only in Word. Since I sent my plea for help, I closed a
document that had orginally be a DOS WordPerfect document that I had saved in
Word Pad and then opened in Word and saved in Word 2003. This document had
about 1,300 pages in it. I had left it open but had since opened new blank
documents to type in ad was seeing this delay. Thinking that perhaps that
document was having an effect on the working of the program, I closed it and
voila the keystrokes are just the way they should be. I hit the key, they
appear on the screen.

Sashi, thank you ever so much for responding. I am a new users and we are
having great difficulty with using autotext. We "make them" then and they
work for a while but the next day, we when restart the program, Word cannot
find them for awhile (the quick way by starting to type what we named the
Autotext) but if we to to the toolbar and take the long way by Insert Autotex
and then scroll down, and insert the Autotext, it works fine the rest of the
day.

Do you have any ideas why that may be happening?