Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swescrow swescrow is offline

Default test page prints but MS Word Doc does not

I have an HP Deskjet 842C (with recently updated driver) and am using MS Word
from MS Office 2003 Business Edition with SP2 (11.8134.8132).
Problem is Printer Test Page prints out fine, but trying to print a document
from Word, a page is sent thru the printer, can hear the print head moving as
if printing is taking place, but no images are printed on the paper.
No special formatting is used in the document. Just plain text with
standard spacing and paragraphs. That's it.

Can someone please explain this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have Windows XP, then it's a Windows XP driver issue. The 842c
is a relatively old model. I have an old 560c and 895c, as well as an
old Okidata 5e laser printer, that work fine with Windows 98 but I could
never get to work with Windows XP no matter which printer driver I used.
I gave up and bought a new printer, which solved the problem.
Printers are cheap nowadays, and ink/toner cartridges for the newer
printers are easier to find and often cheaper than those for older
printers.

swescrow wrote:

I have an HP Deskjet 842C (with recently updated driver) and am using MS Word
from MS Office 2003 Business Edition with SP2 (11.8134.8132).
Problem is Printer Test Page prints out fine, but trying to print a document
from Word, a page is sent thru the printer, can hear the print head moving as
if printing is taking place, but no images are printed on the paper.
No special formatting is used in the document. Just plain text with
standard spacing and paragraphs. That's it.

Can someone please explain this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swescrow swescrow is offline

Thanks for the response. I must clarify my post further. Prior to this
problem occuring, the printer worked just fine with XP. I have had no
problem printing either straight text or graphics of any sort. Just recently
replaced the black ink cartridge and that's when the problem started.

Remember, printing a test page from the printer properties window works with
no errors. Text and graphics come out fine. It's only when I print a text
document from Word that I get the blank page. Have tried the existing
document I originally wanted printed and also opened up a brand new document
with just 2 - 3 words typed in as a test. Same result.

swescrow wrote:

I have an HP Deskjet 842C (with recently updated driver) and am using MS Word
from MS Office 2003 Business Edition with SP2 (11.8134.8132).
Problem is Printer Test Page prints out fine, but trying to print a document
from Word, a page is sent thru the printer, can hear the print head moving as
if printing is taking place, but no images are printed on the paper.
No special formatting is used in the document. Just plain text with
standard spacing and paragraphs. That's it.

Can someone please explain this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aldboomer aldboomer is offline

gosh.. i'm having the same problem.. sure would like to know if you got
around this.. i can print in other programs, but not in Microsoft word 2003
!! my test page prints out fine too ?!?! definitely needs some help here
)