Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hadi Chaaban Hadi Chaaban is offline

Default Text appearing in a vertical way

Hello there,
am using word 2007, and i had an error which is severe error.
Whenever i want to write on word, everything i write appears as if i am
writing in a vertical way.
I tried to un-install office, then re-install it, and its the same problem,
knowing that other microsoft office applications (excel, powerpoint, ...) are
working fine.

Please i would appreciate looking into this matter ASAP.

Regards,
Hadi.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Can you provide a better explanation of what you are seeing eg is the text
on its side (I can't imagine how you would achieve that) or in a narrow
column, in which case I would check the margin settings and the language
settings for Asian languages?

Hadi Chaaban wrote:
Hello there,
am using word 2007, and i had an error which is severe error.
Whenever i want to write on word, everything i write appears as if i
am writing in a vertical way.
I tried to un-install office, then re-install it, and its the same
problem, knowing that other microsoft office applications (excel,
powerpoint, ...) are working fine.

Please i would appreciate looking into this matter ASAP.

Regards,
Hadi.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hadi Chaaban[_2_] Hadi Chaaban[_2_] is offline

Dear Mr. Graham Mayor,
The thing that i can see is whenever i write anything in word, it appears in
a vertical way. Normaly, whenever u wanna write in any program, the cursor is
flashing in a horizental shape "from top to down", while in my microsoft
office its appearing in a vertical way "from left to right and vice versa".

Hadi Chaaban wrote:
Hello there,
am using word 2007, and i had an error which is severe error.
Whenever i want to write on word, everything i write appears as if i
am writing in a vertical way.
I tried to un-install office, then re-install it, and its the same
problem, knowing that other microsoft office applications (excel,
powerpoint, ...) are working fine.

Please i would appreciate looking into this matter ASAP.

Regards,
Hadi.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You said that before? Unfortunately it does not convey the problem clearly.
I appreciate English is not your first language, but there is a
communication problem here. Sorry

In an English language version of the software the Word cursor is a vertival
bar and text runs from left to right. If your language requires something
different, check the Office Tools Language Settings are matched to that
language.

Hadi Chaaban wrote:
Hello there,
am using word 2007, and i had an error which is severe error.
Whenever i want to write on word, everything i write appears as if i
am writing in a vertical way.
I tried to un-install office, then re-install it, and its the same
problem, knowing that other microsoft office applications (excel,
powerpoint, ...) are working fine.

Please i would appreciate looking into this matter ASAP.

Regards,
Hadi.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, the cursor is normally a vertical bar | that *moves* from left to
right, but in physical appearance it "runs" from top to bottom (that is,
it's vertical). I suspect from Hadi's description that what he's seeing is
rotated text such as you would see if you changed the text direction in a
table, frame, or text box, but I don't know why you would see that in a new
blank document unless there *were* a table, frame, or text box there.

If all the toolbars and everything are also rotated, then possibly it's a
monitor issue. I have a new flatscreen that can be rotated 90° to portrait
orientation, and, although I haven't experimented with this, I assume
there's a combination of hardware and software issues involved with this. I
know that there are keyboard shortcuts that, on some monitors, will rotate
the screen 90° or 180° (presumably for those twisty tablet/laptop combos);
they don't work on my current desktop monitor, and I haven't experimented on
the new one, but I believe they are Ctrl+Alt+various arrow keys.