Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elbadry elbadry is offline

Default Inserting Equation Captions in MS word 2003

How can I insert equation captions in MS Word 2003. The problem is that
insert -- caption allows me only to insert a caption above or below the
object ( not to the righr or to the left ).

Someone in this forum suggested using a 1x2 table; I tried it but still the
caption is inserted only above or below.

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have to insert the caption above or below, then drag or copy/paste it
into the table. Once you've got a sample equation and caption set up and the
table adjusted to your satisfaction, save the whole thing as an AutoText
entry and insert it when needed; then update the equation and caption.

"elbadry" wrote in message
news
How can I insert equation captions in MS Word 2003. The problem is that
insert -- caption allows me only to insert a caption above or below the
object ( not to the righr or to the left ).

Someone in this forum suggested using a 1x2 table; I tried it but still

the
caption is inserted only above or below.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi elbadry

Try this. Insert your equation. In the paragraph below that, use Insert
Reference Caption to insert your caption. Select both paragraphs and
choose Table Convert Text to Table. Tell Word to create a 2-column,
1-row table. Use Format Borders and Shading to get rid of the borders.
Drag the column widths to suit your needs, and format the text appropriately
(eg, align the caption to the right).

When it's all set up just as you would like all your equations to be, select
the whole table and use Insert AutoText AutoText to turn it into an
AutoText. You can then invoke the AutoText when you need a new equation and
it will insert the table and the caption ready for you to do the equation.

For more information see
Using AutoText
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm

Hope this helps.