Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ishkabidle Ishkabidle is offline

Default engineering equations

With all the greek characters, superscripts, and subscripts, I get about 3
words a minute trying to put engineering equations into a word document. Is
there a way to put the greek alphabet and super/sub script format buttons in
a toolbar, or some other way to speed up such typing? Also, is there a way to
nest sub/super scripts, for example variable A, of type h, the second one as
A sub h sub sub 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ishkabidle Ishkabidle is offline

Actually, I hadn't even heard of equation editor before. On the list of
things to install, I guessed it basically added a math font and functionality
links to excel. I even had to use help to find out how to get it started.

I've got it installed now, and will try it, but having to insert an object
every time is still cumbersome. I'll try MathType, and Rapid-Pi to see if
they're any better, but I need speed to handle quantity interspersed with
text (slowing need to insert more than one object per document and change
modes from equation to text and back).

Equation editor is only a partial solution, but Thank You! anyway.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using the built-in Equation Editor, which *does* have all these
things on a toolbar?

"Ishkabidle" wrote in message
With all the greek characters, superscripts, and subscripts, I get about 3
words a minute trying to put engineering equations into a word document.

Is
there a way to put the greek alphabet and super/sub script format buttons

in
a toolbar, or some other way to speed up such typing? Also, is there a way

nest sub/super scripts, for example variable A, of type h, the second one

as
A sub h sub sub 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you need to use the Equation Editor often, you can add a button to
a toolbar or assign a keyboard shortcut to start it.
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm
and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm
explain how to do it; the command you need is the InsertEquation
command in the All Commands category.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using the built-in Equation Editor, which *does* have all these
things on a toolbar?

"Ishkabidle" wrote in message
With all the greek characters, superscripts, and subscripts, I get about 3
words a minute trying to put engineering equations into a word document.

Is
there a way to put the greek alphabet and super/sub script format buttons

in
a toolbar, or some other way to speed up such typing? Also, is there a way

nest sub/super scripts, for example variable A, of type h, the second one

as
A sub h sub sub 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ishkabidle Ishkabidle is offline

This gave me the way to make the toolbar I was asking for. I just made
buttons for all the characteristics/greek letters I commonly use. Tools,
Customize, All Commands highlighted in Categories, Symbol chosen under
Commands, pick a symbol after placing the button on a toolbar. Problem
solved,

Thanks!