Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
judykm judykm is offline

Default Does Word have an OU symbol?

Other than clipart, is there a symbol available for the OU (Orthodox Union)
mark used on food?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You may be able to find a font that contains this character, but I haven't
seen one, so the alternatives are to use the clipart (with autocorrect) or
to cobble something together using an EQ field to overstrike the characters.

judykm wrote:
Other than clipart, is there a symbol available for the OU (Orthodox
Union) mark used on food?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FredFred FredFred is offline

You probably know this already, but be sure to browse through the character
map to see if you see what you need.

"judykm" wrote:

Other than clipart, is there a symbol available for the OU (Orthodox Union)
mark used on food?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could use character 24CA (in the Enclosed Alphanumerics character
subset) of Arial Unicode MS. If you must use clip art, you can grab the logo
from
http://www.oukosher.org/index.php/co...w_ou_kos her/
(and doubtless many other sites).

"judykm" wrote in message
Other than clipart, is there a symbol available for the OU (Orthodox
Union)
mark used on food?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
judykm judykm is offline

Thank you Fred. Suzanne said it was character 24CA of Arial unicode MS, and
there it was! :-)
~Judy

"judykm" wrote:

Other than clipart, is there a symbol available for the OU (Orthodox Union)
mark used on food?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Just be aware that if you send a document to someone who doesn't have this
font installed (and many people don't), the character won't display
properly. You may be able to embed just that character: on the Save tab of
Tools | Options, check "Embed TrueType fonts" *and* "Embed characters in use
only" *and* "Do not embed common system fonts."