Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StoneArch

Default Printing lists of folder names under one name

I have XP Windows 2003, I have created a named folder, such as Templates.1.
When I open it up I have a list of many folders with documents in them. What
I need to do is just print out the list of the folders, no documents, just
the names of the folders. What can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

The following macro will print the names of the folder in your specified path.

Sub Folders()

Dim doc As Document
Dim strName As String
Dim strPath as string

Set doc = ActiveDocument
strPath = "C:\
strName = Dir(strPath vbDirectory)

Do Until strName = ""
Selection.Text = strName & vbCrLf
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
strName = Dir
Loop

Set doc = Nothing

End Sub

--
Kevin Backmann

"StoneArch" wrote:

I have XP Windows 2003, I have created a named folder, such as Templates.1.
When I open it up I have a list of many folders with documents in them. What
I need to do is just print out the list of the folders, no documents, just
the names of the folders. What can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

While Kevin's macro will do the job, see also the Printfolders utility
linked from the downloads page of my web site which will allow you to output
folder and file information in a variety of ways.
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm