Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phlash

Default My bullets are suddenly followed by an arrow. Can't undo..

on the doument I must have hit something. My Word doc dot bullet points show
up with short arrows after them every time, and I can't undo it even under
Format - Bullets and Numbers. The short arrows even show up in white space.

How do I just get back to just basic dot bullets that I can install with a *
space then a return at the end of the paragraph or line, like I have always
been able to?

I can't understand the help directions, or find the right link.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You've switched on the display of non-printing characters (which are
actually very useful). The 'arrows' are tabs made visible. Click the pilcrow
button (the backwards P) to toggle the setting or go to Tools Options
View.

*