Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ACM

Default is it possible to set a specific bullet in Normal.doc ?

When I use CTRL+SHIFT+L the bullet shown is always the same from document to
document. When I use the bullet icon it uses the last bullet used in any
document. Can I change the "default" bullet to one of my choice?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Goldman

What you are doing when you press CTRL+SHIFT+L is tagging your paragraphs
with the "List Bullet" paragrpah style. So what you could do is open the
Normal.dot template then go to FormatStyles and Formatting... Scroll down
to the List Bullet style. Then right click and select modify. At the bottom
left of the dialog box where it says Format click that and choose
Numbering... Now you can define the bulleted list any way you'd like.

"ACM" wrote:

When I use CTRL+SHIFT+L the bullet shown is always the same from document to
document. When I use the bullet icon it uses the last bullet used in any
document. Can I change the "default" bullet to one of my choice?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Goldman

I just remembered you don't have to open the Normal.dot template just make
sure when you've got the List Bullet style dialog box open you chen the "Add
To Template" box right above the format tab.

"ACM" wrote:

When I use CTRL+SHIFT+L the bullet shown is always the same from document to
document. When I use the bullet icon it uses the last bullet used in any
document. Can I change the "default" bullet to one of my choice?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

I would suggest reviewing
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the subject is
related to outline numbering.

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"ACM" wrote in message
When I use CTRL+SHIFT+L the bullet shown is always the same from document
document. When I use the bullet icon it uses the last bullet used in any
document. Can I change the "default" bullet to one of my choice?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ACM

Thanks for the advice, but it's not changing what I require.

The bullet changes when using the icon, but not when using the keyboard.

"ACM" wrote:

When I use CTRL+SHIFT+L the bullet shown is always the same from document to
document. When I use the bullet icon it uses the last bullet used in any
document. Can I change the "default" bullet to one of my choice?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Goldman

Just see what paragraph style (I think it's "Body Text Indent 3") it gets
tagged with when pressing the icon, and change that to whatever you want the
same way I mentioned before