Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adamus

Default Highlighted text areas now cannot be typed over or backspaced!

Something has changed in my Word - and programs that use Word (like Outlook).
Previously highlighted text areas could be deleted by backspace...now
backspace only takes you to the start of the highlighted section. Likewise
when text areas are highlighted typing used to allow me me to auto delete the
highlighted text and replace such with what I was typing...but now boo
hoo...it just adds the text into the section. What has changed and how can I
change it back. A thousand thanks for any assistance...