Ryan Anderson

Default Tables in Templates

I'm desiging a report template that goes along with our new corporate
identity. I have the paragraphs set up to have 6 pts between them, but this
causes a problem with tables and bulleted lists.

Right now, I have a style called "table text" which essentially sets the
space between paragraphs to zero so that when they're in a table, there isn't
extra space at the bottom of the cell. Is there a way to automatically set
my table style to use this paragraph style as the default without having to
apply both styles?

Or is there a better way around this problem. I can't imagine I'm the first
to have it.

Thanks!

Ryan
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UnlhbiBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=,

Unfortunately, there's no way to associate paragraph styles or paragraph
formatting with table styles. The user has to select the table cells and apply
the paragraph style.

I'm desiging a report template that goes along with our new corporate
identity. I have the paragraphs set up to have 6 pts between them, but this
causes a problem with tables and bulleted lists.

Right now, I have a style called "table text" which essentially sets the
space between paragraphs to zero so that when they're in a table, there isn't
extra space at the bottom of the cell. Is there a way to automatically set
my table style to use this paragraph style as the default without having to
apply both styles?

Or is there a better way around this problem. I can't imagine I'm the first
to have it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org