Dennis Hughes

Default Faded Image Behind Text

I'm printing some Valentine's Day luncheon invitations to our organization's
chapter's widows.

This year the preprinted border card stock has changed the dimensions and
the workable area is smaller. Our org's seal, previously at the top and
small, would have to be even smaller, so I want to move the seal (a gif)
from the top position to the center of the invite and have it behind the
text, but faded so the text will stand out.

I can move the seal and expand it OK, and put it behind the text using the
format command, but when I reduce the image's brightness to fade it, the
seal becomes a dark rectangle on the screen. I would like to make the seal
opaque, but can't find a command.

This works well in Photoshop, but I would like to continue using Word, as
many of the other chapters can use this as a template also.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis Hughes

Forgot to say I'm using Word 2003.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis Hughes

This has some advantages of being able to shift the emblem around and set
the exact "fade" you want. This works great. Playing with the numbers, I
ended up with 85 & 15 also.

Thanks,

Dennis

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
In Word, select the seal, and try INCREASING the brightness to 85% and
decreasing the contrast to 15%.

Mirror Text Box [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 1 January 24th 05 07:02 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
mirror image text merrymusk Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 04 04:20 AM
how do i adjust text alignment in labels after inserting an image Doug Robbins Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 04 10:53 AM
how do you flip rotate/mirror image text (words) BJI925 Microsoft Word Help 1 November 25th 04 11:51 PM