Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sebastian Bialy Sebastian Bialy is offline

Default Clear strong styles without posiibility of changing apperance byno-style functions

Hello!

English is not my native language, sorry

Imagine this:

I'v got stye "foo" that is capable of doing indention. Hovewer when i'm
standing in the beginning, and I'm using backspace key, indention
dissapears. I can see that this paragraph is using "foo" style with
modification ( which is at least funny, because it is not using any
style from apperance point of view ).

This is no what i want. So there is question:

Is it possible to remove all posiible functionality in word that can
modify existing style "by accident"? This include font change, B/U/I,
indention, tabs, etc. Imagine situation when You cannot change any of
visible attributes using keyboard or menu options. The only way is to
modify style.

This is what i mean by "strong styles" - absolutely no way of changing
apperance of style except using style modification itself.

I'm not referring to issue where changing one style changes whole
document. I'm talking about functionality not changing any style at all
using no-style word functions.

I'm confused using Word which from one perspective gives great method of
controlling apeerance using styles, but from another point of view
allows user to do a lot of exceptions to styles (and most of them by
accident).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Sebastian,
If you have Word 2003 you could use the Protect Document task pane, change
the
Editing Restrictions for the styles in section 1. This is password
protection related, so I don't know if you want to go there.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Sebastian Bialy" schreef in bericht
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Luc wrote:
If you have Word 2003 you could use the Protect Document task pane, change
the
Editing Restrictions for the styles in section 1. This is password
protection related, so I don't know if you want to go there.

This is not very good solution since I expect to just disable any
formatting features except styles without setting passwords. This may
confuse users (Yes, I've tried already, they dont seems to be happy).
And unfortunatelly I'm still using at least two older Word licenses.

If there is no way to just disable formatting using no-style functions
it seems that Word is missing very important function. Writing thousand
page book using Word is hard enough.

Styles Growing Deb Page Layout 12 April 5th 06 10:56 PM
why would changing a style modify other styles (not based on each futureknight Page Layout 1 March 14th 05 06:59 PM
Table styles mysteriously disappear jstammer Tables 8 February 17th 05 03:44 AM
Can a style become font-neutral? F A L Page Layout 5 December 3rd 04 01:12 PM