Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wadp1 wadp1 is offline

Default inserted page breaks?

Why don't my inserted page breaks push the following text to the next page
like previous versions of Word do? When I insert a page break, the page break
marker just sits there between lines of text on the same page!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

wadp1 wrote:
Why don't my inserted page breaks push the following text to the next
page like previous versions of Word do? When I insert a page break,
the page break marker just sits there between lines of text on the
same page!

What version of Word are you using?
What view are you in -- Print Layout, Normal, Web, Outline?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Could it be that you are in Normal View? ...Or Draft View if 2007?

If that isn't the problem please supply more accurate detail, including what
version of Word you're _currently_ using.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"wadp1" wrote in message
Why don't my inserted page breaks push the following text to the next page
like previous versions of Word do? When I insert a page break, the page
break
marker just sits there between lines of text on the same page!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wadp1 wadp1 is offline

Sorry--since I came here from the Word 2007 page, it didn't occur to me to
say that. I am using Office 2007 Beta, and the problem occurs when I am
working in Print Layout view.

"wadp1" wrote in message
Why don't my inserted page breaks push the following text to the next page
like previous versions of Word do? When I insert a page break, the page
break
marker just sits there between lines of text on the same page!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You've accidentally wandered into the "Hidden White Space" quagmire - Do you
see a horizontal gray line adjacent to the page break indicator? If so, put
your pointer on it and double-click to get the white space (top & bottom of
page) to display.

If that *isn't* it then I can't help - no longer have a beta installed &
can't even remember what build I had been playing with last. It would most
likely be a beta-bug, though, which I am not seeing in the final release.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"wadp1" wrote in message
Why don't my inserted page breaks push the following text to the next
page
like previous versions of Word do? When I insert a page break, the page
break
marker just sits there between lines of text on the same page!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wadp1 wadp1 is offline

Thank you, Suzanne, but that is not the problem. I am familiar with the
Ctrl-click method to toggle the white space on/off.

"wadp1" wrote in message
Why don't my inserted page breaks push the following text to the next

page
like previous versions of Word do? When I insert a page break, the

page
break
marker just sits there between lines of text on the same page!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wadp1 wadp1 is offline

You may have hit on it, because, although it has happened on several
occasions, I just went back to the file I was just working in, and I can't
reproduce the problem on demand. Neither do I remember ever seeing the
horizontal gray line you mentioned.
Thanks for your response!

"wadp1" wrote in message
Why don't my inserted page breaks push the following text to the next
page
like previous versions of Word do? When I insert a page break, the page
break
marker just sits there between lines of text on the same page!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And yet you told CyberTaz that this *might* be the issue!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Perhaps see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.