Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Metallo Metallo is offline

Default Table Gridlines

Hi,

I have filled in a CV form, which is the EU official one, the problem is
that although I keep on hiding the gridlines, next time I open the CV they
show up again, even if I saved the file with hidden gridlines.
My fear is that people receiving the CV get the gridlines when they open the
file, which is not very nice.

Can you suggest me how to solve this?

Thank you

--
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

AFAIK all you can do is set a border color the same as the document
background color.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Metallo wrote:
Hi,

I have filled in a CV form, which is the EU official one, the problem
is that although I keep on hiding the gridlines, next time I open the
CV they show up again, even if I saved the file with hidden gridlines.
My fear is that people receiving the CV get the gridlines when they
open the file, which is not very nice.

Can you suggest me how to solve this?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Metallo Metallo is offline

Well, not really, the lines I see are light grey (gridlines) but if I go to
the table, there are no borders!

--
Alex

Metallo wrote:
Hi,

I have filled in a CV form, which is the EU official one, the problem
is that although I keep on hiding the gridlines, next time I open the
CV they show up again, even if I saved the file with hidden gridlines.
My fear is that people receiving the CV get the gridlines when they
open the file, which is not very nice.

Can you suggest me how to solve this?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think that if the reader has Tools Options View tab Text Boundaries
turned on, all table cells will be surrounded by thin, dotted lines anyway
(like the text boundaries).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

Metallo wrote:
Hi,

I have filled in a CV form, which is the EU official one, the problem
is that although I keep on hiding the gridlines, next time I open the
CV they show up again, even if I saved the file with hidden gridlines.
My fear is that people receiving the CV get the gridlines when they
open the file, which is not very nice.

Can you suggest me how to solve this?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

If I have a white background and white borders then the gridlines don't show
regardless of the users show/hide gridlines. If I have a white background
and "no" borders then light grey gridlines will show if the user has opted
to display gridlines.

--

Metallo wrote:
Hi,

I have filled in a CV form, which is the EU official one, the
problem is that although I keep on hiding the gridlines, next time
I open the CV they show up again, even if I saved the file with
hidden gridlines. My fear is that people receiving the CV get the
gridlines when they open the file, which is not very nice.

Can you suggest me how to solve this?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I would think people are much more likely to have Table Gridlines on
than Text Boundaries. But a quick test here suggests that white borders
on white paper also prevents Text Boundaries from showing up (MacWord
2004). The visible gridlines show as text boundaries, but the white
borders do not show at all.

Lene Fredborg wrote:
I think that if the reader has Tools Options View tab Text Boundaries
turned on, all table cells will be surrounded by thin, dotted lines anyway
(like the text boundaries).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Metallo

Metallo wrote:
I have filled in a CV form, which is the EU official one, the problem is
that although I keep on hiding the gridlines, next time I open the CV they
show up again, even if I saved the file with hidden gridlines.
My fear is that people receiving the CV get the gridlines when they open the
file, which is not very nice.

after the technical answers: are you sure you want/have to propagate the
CV while it is still in *.doc format? I would choose PDF if at all
possible -- properly done, the layout will be stable no matter what's
installed on the receiver's machine, no view options can really mess
with your document, etc.

Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

error messages when using table formula after moving column tot's hunguponword Tables 3 November 26th 06 03:27 AM
Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
Printing table gridlines billybob New Users 3 September 9th 06 04:18 PM
Populate Table from Access MTechG Mailmerge 8 December 16th 05 07:08 PM