Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dsjr dsjr is offline

Default center on page to proof?

hi:

Using Word 2003 and runnign xp:

I have a document (about 100 pages) that is set up as 8.5x5.5 .. it will
eventually be printed 2 up duplex on 8.5x11 landscape.

For now, though, while it is a work in progress, I am printing it off as
single pages on an 8.5 x11 sheet (portrait).

So I don't lose formatting, I'd like to retain the page size.

Now, when I print it to proof, it moves the 8.5x5.5 page to the left hand
side of the 8.5 x 11 page.

Is there a way (without changing margin setting) to have it print in the
middle of the page? (I'd like to put it in a binder and it will be easier to
make notes)

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sorry, but that's not how word processing programs are designed to work. The
language reads left-to-right, top-to-bottom so that's how the text flows,
starting at the point where the top & left margins intersect. If you aren't
willing to change your margin settings I'm afraid any other options in Word
are going to be even more radical.

What you may want to do is import the doc to Publisher or some other page
layout program where you can do any type of positioning on a page regardles
of paper size or margin settings. That's *part* of the difference between
word processing and page layout :-)
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones