Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Darren Neve Darren Neve is offline

Default how do I move task pane from full-width top of page to side?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Darren,

What version of Word are you working in?

If you're referring to Word 2007 the 'ribbon' at the top isn't removable, but it can be reduced in size by using Ctrl+F1 or hidden
by assigning a keyboard shortcut to the 'ToggleToolbars' command via
Alt,T,O,C [Keyboard Shortcuts] All Commands.

If you're using Word 2003 you should be able to drag and resize the taskpanes on the side of you screen you choose. It should dock
to the side by 'slamming' it into the side of the screen while dragging it with the mouse pointer.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP