Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike[_9_] Mike[_9_] is offline

Default Alternative to mailmerge

Is there an alternative to mailmerge, such as templates for building up
pages manually for L7163 address labels (7 rows of 2 labels)

I ask this because I am migrating from Office 2000 to 2003 and am
getting the message running an SQL statement. I know there's a
Microsoft KB document for this kb825765) which tells you to add a
registry key to allow the SQL to run uninterrupted, but this seems to
defeat the whole object of me trying to use digital certificates etc and
what about any new document that may arrive on my computer (e.g. family
members downloading etc). I want to have more control of what I let
Microsoft does to my PC

Incidentally, I am not running SQL, but my mail merge data is a flat
file of data records, but I guess that doesn't matter. The mailmerge
main document has the datasource etc all embedded into it, so it runs
every time I open the document, even if I disable the macros. In the
old days I did used to specify the filename of the data source at
runtime, but I guess that wouldn't make any difference now

I use the following code in my mailmerge main document which worked
nicely in 2000 and since I call this several times from an excel
spreadsheet, having the SQL message pop up twice for each document is
going to annoy me

Private Sub Document_Open()

MailMerge.Execute

'Set properties of created mail merge, so the 'do you want to
' save' message doesn't appear
ActiveDocument.Saved = True

'Close the mail merge main document
ThisDocument.Close True