Kat

Default help menu

I have the same question! Unfortunately, it looks as though no one has
answered! I am new to the group, and cannot figure out how to post a
question, either!! I click on "New Question", but nothing happens. No
window pops up, like this one for "reply". So now I have two problems--the
help menu with index, contents, etc. And how to post to this site!!

"Mom" wrote:

I have just recently gotten a new version of Word. When I click on help, I
don't get the tabs that say contents, index, etc. I get Microsoft Online.
I don't want that. Is there a way of "installing" what I am looking for, or
is there an option with Word right now that will change it back to what I am
used to?

Graham Mayor

Current versions of Word use a help task pane. Type your keyword(s) in the
dialog box and Help will offer suggestions. The old style help is no longer
available, but the new one is more likely to provide the help you need.

As for accessing this group, the best way to do that is with Outlook Express
(or other newsreading software). You'll find full instructions linked from
the home page of my web site.